Sunday, November 4, 2012

A dad, a daughter, an appetite, and a blog.

Welcome to my blog. You are going to learn how to cook with me.

This is all I can get out of Emma. Hi there, I'm Emma's dad. Not sure what I've got myself into. Emma wanted to learn to cook. I said ok. My wife and I talked about it and thought it might be fun to document somehow and Emma, inspired by her incredibly talented aunt, suggested a blog. 

How I thought this would work:
We choose some recipes, cook them together, and Emma dictates while I type.

How thing really work:
Emma tells me what she wants to cook. (she actually does go through recipe books on her own looking for recipes)
I buy the food
I prep (most) of the food (she is present but I handle the knives). She does measure.
I teach.
She cooks.
I interview her throughout the process.
I write... and write... and write.

What have I gotten myself into? This is going to be a lot of work! I couldn't get anything else out of her for this post.

We are still working out how often we will be posting but for now we are aiming for once a week. We are trying to nail down a format that works well and as she gets older I think she will contribute more to the blog. I expect Lincoln(little brother) will remain underwhelmed and negative unless his palette matures or Emma decides to cook for four year olds. 

Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment