Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mr. Noodles

We ended up with two packs of "Mr. Noodles" somehow. Judging by the package this is a Canadian version of Top Ramon. Don't let the cute name fool you. Mr. Noodles is worse. Ramon may not be regarded tops by most culinarians but it was serviceable during college. I can't say the same for Mr. Noodles whose broth has no place in the diet of anyone who hopes to keep their food in their stomach. Yes, I was about to let my daughter prepare and eat this. I figured it would be a good place to learn a few cooking basics. Plus, oodles of noodles is still fun to eat.


Emma's thoughts:
I think Mr Noodles is going to be good and it's going to be soup. I have had it before and it was good.
We tried the "chicken flavor" last week. This go around it's beef. I haven't spent much time in Canada but I think there is a possibility they have mistaken chicken and beef for dog and feet.

During cooking: The soup smells a little like cinnamon.

And finally: The soup looks good and smells good.

Learned: Don't put your hands on the stove cause it could burn your skin. Always wash your hands before cooking. You can get burned by steam so try not to put your hands over the steam

Final thoughts:
I would cook this again.
Is beef or chicken better? I don't know which one because they are both really really good.
I would serve this to others.
It is a good food for kids to eat and to cook.
Next time I might try adding some other things but I'm not quite sure what. I kind of was surprised that it would be just noodles because I thought from the cover it would be noodles and vegetables but it came out as just noodles.

Little brother's thoughts:
I don't want this. I don't like to eat this.

This was a total success in spite of Mr Noodles quality. Emma learned a couple important lessons about washing, safety, and our stove. Ramen or soup are good introductory dishes when learning stove top cooking. Make sure you spring for the higher quality Top Ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment